Babycakes of NYC at Downtown Disney

In a small corner of the building formerly occupied by McDonalds you can find a little bakery named Babycakes.  Originally established in NYC in 2005, this bakery is known for its hand mixed batches from all natural ingredients. Their bakes treats are gluten free, dairy free, soy free and vegan.


Me being a lover of most things cake, was very excited to get the chance to try anything.  They offer a variety of items including; cupcakes, loaves, brownies, cookies and doughnuts.  I picked out a beautiful looking pumpkin cupcake.

 

It looked so yummy.  The icing was creamy and not too sweet. The cake was dense, dry, and flavorless.  Why?  I have tried so many gluten free deserts and been disappointed.  Cinnamon and nutmeg are gluten free, please use them in your baking.  Pumpkin can help to add moisture to a baked item, what happened?

I am not sure I will be back at Babycakes to try any other treats.  If some one knows of a great gluten free cookie, cupcake or brownie recipe they think is amazing, please let me know.  I love to bake and would give it a try with an open mind.  I so wanted to love this cupcake, but I really did not like it at all.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Contributors

Google

Sponsors

Archives

Followers

BlogCatalog

InDollars

This is a great way to
earn a few dollars.
I use it everyday.



Recent Comments